The Kaplan Bursary Scheme offers financial assistance to eligible Singaporean and Permanent Resident students, helping them cover their programme fees during studies. This Scheme is not applicable for applicants who are not enrolled and have not started their programmes at the time of application.
- The Bursary is open to Singaporeans and Permanent Residents only.
- Students must be enrolled at Kaplan in Singapore, Kaplan Higher Education Academy or Kaplan Higher Education Institute and are pursuing a Diploma programme, or a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree programme.
- Students who are facing financial difficulty caused by loss of job, loss of income earner, or medical treatment or condition.
- Attained satisfactory academic results.
- The applicant family’s per capita income (PCI) is no more than S$750 per month of the gross household income (GHI) that does not exceed S$3,000 per month:
- PCI = monthly gross household income / no. of members in the household
- GHI = total income of family members staying in the same household1
- Students must not have any Kaplan Higher Education Academy or Kaplan Higher Education Institute sponsorship/scholarship or have not been awarded the Kaplan Bursary within the last one year at the point of application.
1Total income including regular allowances, employee’s CPF contribution, monthly pension, alimony, rental income, and other income sources but excluding national service allowance earned by NS men, severance compensation, and insurance payouts. If the income-earner is on no-pay leave for 6 months or less, he/she is not unemployed. His/her monthly income in months when he/she is not on no-pay leave should be assessed. For students who have no parents and are staying with a legal guardian, the household income of the legal guardian would be considered.
- The Bursary is equivalent to a full waiver of the Diploma programme outstanding fees or up to 50% of the Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree programme outstanding fees (Re-Module and Miscellaneous Fees are not included in the bursary)2
- Subject to Management approval on the amount to be paid out.
2Any programme fees paid prior to successful applications will NOT be part of the bursary payout nor reimbursement granted.
Schedule of Payment, Duration and Other Conditions
- The amount paid out is subject to approval by Management.
- One-time payout depending on the outstanding programme fee.
- As the scheme is awarded to help needy students with the payment of any Kaplan in Singapore, Kaplan Higher Education Academy or Kaplan Higher Education Institute programme fees, no repayment is required.
- The amount of financial assistance granted must be reimbursed in part or in full if the student discontinues his or her studies, or if fraudulent claims were made in the application.
Note: Please note that an application does not guarantee the award of the bursary. Kaplan Higher Education Academy and Kaplan Higher Education Institute reserve the right to alter, amend or delete any information relating to the bursary without prior notice. Kaplan has the absolute discretion to terminate the bursary and request for reimbursement if the applicant was found to have submitted falsified information.Kaplan Bursary Application Form